Career Information for Postdocs
- Below contains links and information to general resources geered towards postdocs and early career biomedical researchers.
- Science Careers is dedicated to being the world leader in matching qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government. We are committed to providing all the necessary career resources for scientists as well as effective recruiting solutions for employers. Our mission supports the American Association for the Advancement of Science's (AAAS's) commitment to furthering careers in science and technology.
National Postdoctoral Association
- The National Postdoctoral Association is a professional association that provides a unique, national voice for postdoctoral scholars. The NPA was founded in 2003, with an ambitious agenda to enhance the quality of the postdoctoral experience. Since its founding, the NPA has assumed a leadership role in addressing the many issues confronting the postdoctoral community that are national in scope, requiring action beyond the local level. The NPA is supported by its members and charitable contributions from those who support its mission, including the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Click here for information on becoming an affiliate member for free and unlock career development resources for "members only".
PhDs.org: Science, Math, and Engineering Career Resources
- PhDs.org was originally created with the help of a number of students while Geoff Davis was an assistant professor in the Math Department at Dartmouth College. The site was made possible by the generous support of the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation and a Burke Research Initiation Award from Dartmouth College. Geoff has continued to run the site on his own since moving to Microsoft Research and subsequently to a consulting career. The goal of the site is help students to prepare for the changing demands of today's job market and to provide a voice for early career scientists.
NIH Virtual Career Center
- The NIH Virtual Career Center, developed by the Office of Intramural Training and Education, brings together a trove of information that could be invaluable to people at every stage of career transition. Whether you are at the very beginning -- trying to define your interests or translate an academic major into a career -- or in the final stages of negotiating competing job offers -- this website will put timely, helpful guidance at the tip of your mouse. The NIH hopes the website will highlight biomedical careers in the context of the larger world of employment opportunities.
AAAS Career Center for Postdocs
- The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), is an international non-profit organization dedicated to advancing science around the world by serving as an educator, leader, spokesperson and professional association. In addition to organizing membership activities, AAAS publishes the journal Science, as well as many scientific newsletters, books and reports, and spearheads programs that raise the bar of understanding for science worldwide. The AAAS offers postdocs a rich array of educational and experiential pathways leading to a successful career in science.
Scientist Solutions: An International Life Science Forum
- Scientist Solutions was started in 2004 for the purpose of promoting the worldwide advancement of science and biotechnology. They developed an internet discussion site or "Board" to provide scientists a resource for the exchange of ideas and information. The Scientist Solutions Board contains 31 categories of scientific disciplines that are further divided into discussion forums. It is here in these forums that scientists may interact with other scientists submitting questions, answers, comments, ideas, conducting polls and developing collaborative relationships.
Chronicle Careers: Tools & Resources
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Online, The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academe. The Chronicle's website features the complete contents of the latest issue; daily news and advice columns; thousands of current job listings; articles published since September 1989; vibrant discussion forums; and career-building tools such as online CV management, salary databases, and more.
Harvard Catalyst: Education Video Library
- This online video library is a dynamic catalog of past courses, seminars, and lectures sponsored by Harvard Catalyst. The library includes videos from some of Harvard Catalyst's most popular courses, including Introduction to Clinical Investigation (ICI) and Introduction to Translational Medicine (ITTM). The video library will continue to be updated as new offerings become available.