Non-Traditional/Alternative Career Advice & Resources
- Below contains links and information to general resources geered towards postdocs and early career biomedical researchers considering non-traditional/alternative career pathways.
Versatile PhD | Forums
- Versatile PhD has a job finder tool and Forum discussions to help PhDs explore non-academic careers. Visit Versatile PhD via the Harvard subscription portal to view the resources.
ScienceCareers.org | Career Development Resources
- Science Careers is dedicated to being the world leader in matching qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government. We are committed to providing all the necessary career resources for scientists as well as effective recruiting solutions for employers. Our mission supports the American Association for the Advancement of Science's (AAAS's) commitment to furthering careers in science and technology.
- Explore the Nature Jobs Newsletter and check out the Career Toolkit for advice on your job search including, crafting CVs, Interview skills, Networking, Presentations, Mentoring, Salaries, Podcasts, Surveys and “Ask the Expert” blog.
Chronicle Careers | Nonacademic Careers for Ph.D.'s
- The Chronicle of Higher Education is the No. 1 source of news, information, and jobs for college and university faculty members and administrators. Online, The Chronicle is published every weekday and is the top destination for news, advice, and jobs for people in academe. The Chronicle's website features the complete contents of the latest issue; daily news and advice columns; thousands of current job listings; articles published since September 1989; vibrant discussion forums; and career-building tools such as online CV management, salary databases, and more.
Science Careers: How to Craft a Winning Resume
- Learn how to craft the documents (resumes, CVs, cover letters) you need to make a great first impression.