Research Info at HMS/HSDM
- Below contains links and information to general research resources and offices at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training (Harvard Medical School)
If you are a Postdoctoral Fellows engaged in research at Harvard Medical School you are required to participate in RCR training. The Division of Medical Ethics within Harvard Medical School holds a course annually.
Send an e-mail to RCR@hms.harvard.edu to be notified when the next series of sessions is scheduled.
Responsible Conduct of Research Course (Cambridge Area)
-August 18, 20, & 22, 2014 - 9:00am-12:00pm
This nine hour course fulfills NSF & NIH requirements for formal RCR instruction for those desiring to deepen their knowledge of ethical research and responsible conduct.
Registration closes: August 14, 2014
Course Link & Registration at: bit.ly/harvardrcr
Responsible Conduct of Research (Harvard Catalyst)
-Friday Mornings, September 5- October 24, 2014
This 8 week course fulfills NSF and NIH requirements for formal Responsible Conduct of Research instruction.
Registration opens August 1, 2014 and closes September 12, 2014.
Course Link: http://catalyst.harvard.edu/services/rcr/
Course email: Staci Landis
Research Administration at HMS
- details and links to the offices supporting basic science research at HMS
- Nanocourses represent a dynamic way of teaching advanced scientific topics in a condensed fashion. These courses are an educational tool meant to bring students and other interested individuals in the Harvard community up to date on a particular field, to provide insight into the current questions of that field, and to define a basis for further study in that field, all within a short, 6-hour, time period.
HMS Core Facilities
- shared research facilities available to HMS faculty whose laboratories are located on the Quad
Tools and Technology at HMS (TnT)
-the TnT Program at HMS provides funds for shared eqipment and cores. The TnT website provides information about research resources, funding opportunities, recently funded proposals, and relevant events and announcements.
HSDM Office of Research
- provides support for all research activities at Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)
HMS Office of Research Compliance
- provides independent oversight of Harvard Medical School's research compliance programs, activities and processes
HMS Office for Research Subject Protection
- provides assistance in developing appropriate experimental protocols involving animal or human subjects in accordance with federal policy and within accepted ethical guidelines
HMS/HSDM Committee on Human Studies
- reviews research projects and activities that involve human participants, and oversees the implementation of all policies and procedures for human studies research
HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- oversees experimental protocols involving animals for the following institutions BWH, HMS, HSDM, HSPH, & the NERPRC
Committee on Microbiological Safety (COMS)
- oversees research involving the use of recombinant DNA, pathogenic microbiologicals, or human studies involving recombinant DNA or animal to human transplants