Research Info at HMS/HSDM
- Below contains links and information to general research resources and offices at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training - The Division of Medical Ethics at HMS
-If you are a Postdoctoral Fellows engaged in research at Harvard Medical School you are required to participate in RCR training. The Division of Medical Ethics within Harvard Medical School holds a course annually.
Send an e-mail to RCR@hms.harvard.edu to be notified when the next series of sessions is scheduled.
Responsible Conduct of Research Course (RCR Cambridge Area)
-August 18, 20, & 22, 2014 - 9:00am-12:00pm
This nine hour course fulfills NSF & NIH requirements for formal RCR instruction for those desiring to deepen their knowledge of ethical research and responsible conduct.
Registration closes: August 14, 2014
Course Link & Registration at: bit.ly/harvardrcr
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR HSPH)
-January 31- March 21, 2014. Friday mornings, 8:30-10:30am
This 8 week course fulfills NSF and NIH requirements for formal Responsible Conduct of Research instruction. Open to all Harvard affiliates. For registration dates and more information please contact, Staci Landis at email@example.com
Course website: http://catalyst.harvard.edu/services/rcr/
Research Administration at HMS
- details and links to the offices supporting basic science research at HMS
HMS Core Facilities
- shared research facilities available to HMS faculty whose laboratories are located on the Quad
HSDM Office of Research
- provides support for all research activities at Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)
HMS Office of Research Compliance
- provides independent oversight of Harvard Medical School's research compliance programs, activities and processes
HMS Office for Research Subject Protection
- provides assistance in developing appropriate experimental protocols involving animal or human subjects in accordance with federal policy and within accepted ethical guidelines
HMS/HSDM Committee on Human Studies
- reviews research projects and activities that involve human participants, and oversees the implementation of all policies and procedures for human studies research
HMA Standing Committee on Animals
- oversees experimental protocols involving animals for the following institutions BWH, HMS, HSDM, HSPH, & the NERPRC
Committee on Microbiological Safety (COMS)
- oversees research involving the use of recombinant DNA, pathogenic microbiologicals, or human studies involving recombinant DNA or animal to human transplants