- Carmichael Roberts is a Boston-based scientist, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist.
- Carmichael currently manages over $2B in active capital. He is the founding partner of Material Impact, a VC firm that invests in technologies that solve real-world problems using innovative materials.
- He is also co-lead of the investment committee for Breakthrough Energy Ventures, the climate tech fund founded by Bill Gates.
- Prior to being an investor, Carmichael was a serial entrepreneur and built several successful companies including Arsenal Medical, where he was President and CEO.
- After receiving his B.S. and Ph.D. in organic chemistry from Duke University, Carmichael did his post-doc with Professor George Whitesides at Harvard University through a National Science Foundation Fellowship.