Research Info at HMS/HSDM
(Download Research Resources PDF)
- Below contains links and information to general research resources and offices at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Training
If you are a Postdoctoral Fellow engaged in research at Harvard Medical School you are required to participate in RCR training. The Division of Medical Ethics within Harvard Medical School holds a course annually. More details can be found on the website link above. The website also provides information about other RCR courses in the area.
Send an e-mail to RCR@hms.harvard.edu to be notified when the next series of sessions is scheduled.
Data Management at HMS
Data Management is the process of providing the appropriate labeling, storage, and access for data at all stages of a research project. We recognize that best practices for each of these aspects of data management can and often do change over time, and are different for different stages in the data lifecycle. Data Management Checklist
Research Administration at HMS
- details and links to the offices supporting basic science research at HMS
- Nanocourses represent a dynamic way of teaching advanced scientific topics in a condensed fashion. These courses are an educational tool meant to bring students and other interested individuals in the Harvard community up to date on a particular field, to provide insight into the current questions of that field, and to define a basis for further study in that field, all within a short, 6-hour, time period.
HMS Core Facilities
- shared research facilities available to HMS faculty whose laboratories are located on the Quad
Tools and Technology at HMS (TnT)
-the TnT Program at HMS provides funds for shared eqipment and cores. The TnT website provides information about research resources, funding opportunities, recently funded proposals, and relevant events and announcements.
HSDM Office of Research
- provides support for all research activities at Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HSDM)
HMS Office of Research Compliance
- provides independent oversight of Harvard Medical School's research compliance programs, activities and processes
HMS Office for Research Subject Protection
- provides assistance in developing appropriate experimental protocols involving animal or human subjects in accordance with federal policy and within accepted ethical guidelines
Harvard Medical Area Standing Committee on Animals
- oversees experimental protocols involving animals for the following institutions BWH, HMS, HSDM, & HSPH
Office of Human Research Administration
- reviews, approves, assists, and oversees all human research projects conducted by Harvard School of Public Health, Harvard Medical School, and Harvard School of Dental Medicine faculty members and students.
Committee on Microbiological Safety (COMS)
- oversees research involving the use of recombinant DNA, pathogenic microbiologicals, or human studies involving recombinant DNA or animal to human transplants